West of the Town

Thursday 23 December 2010

Car Wash, a Dry Clean!

With the cold weather, washing the car can take second place. But there comes a time when the car just has to be cleaned and, here in France, hand washing just does not work. A hand washed car ends up streaked white which is why all the French use car washes.
So I went down to the car wash and bought a ticket. "But the car wash is not working at present" I was told, "when the green light comes on, the car wash will be unfrozen, probably this afternoon".
And sure enough, that afternoon, the green light was on. I drove the car into place and started the process. It went through all the processes but without any water assistance. So the brushes re-distributed the mud, they did their best but the result was a still dirty car!
The attendant who gave me a replacement ticket explained that the air temperature has to be over 4 Centigrade for it to be unfrozen properly. The green light comes on at over 3 Centigrade. A fine judgement, but an important one.
I still have the ticket in my car. I am sure I will use it soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment