West of the Town

Thursday 3 July 2014

Signs of silly times

The red sign says
"The circulation of trains on the line 'C' is very disrupted following the
limitation of speed on the sections under repair until the end of the evening".
I hope you can see this sign. It was what greeted me on the platform today and it shows the next 4 trains all arriving in 1 minute. It was the same yesterday.

In fact it was several minutes before anything arrived. Since the only train I did not want had been cancelled, I took the first to arrive. After all, who could be sure the others hadn't gone?

So I am on the slow train home. But it does go home and I have a seat out of the sun which today is sweltering, particularly through the glass windows.

We will see if the sign changes tomorrow. After all, the big clock opposite my flat got fixed in the end. It just took several weeks.

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment