West of the Town

Friday 27 March 2015

Goodbye Tapas

Thursday night, and that is Martos' night for going out. On Friday people go home, like me.

And for the foreseeable future, this will be the last time. So I went out by invitation to sample some Tapas in the way only the Spanish know how.

The 9pm start was a special early concession for me. And a very pleasant evening still ended at half past midnight.

Now I know that Tapas is standard stuff in Spain, but when I try to order it I find it difficult to chose good dishes. On a night out with the "team" the dishes come fast and frequently. "Do you order all these or do they just come?" I asked. It appears that some are ordered, and others just arrive with the drinks. There was certainly a good verity.

The photo attached is missing one guest and has less Tapas on show, but it is the one where we were all smiling! And, of course, I was the wrong side of the camera.

When I arrived at the hotel, the door was locked. I rang the bell. Juan is on duty all night and he soon arrived and let me in. What time is this? He asked pointing to his watch. The ladies (wife & daughter) were wondering where you were.

I explained as he steered me through to the bar. He presented me with a wrapped memento of my 2 years of staying there. And he made me unwrap it so that he could show it to me. It was a presentation clock with my name and nice things written in Spanish on it.

It certainly will be a good reminder of the hotel, but also, as he put it, my adopted Spanish family in Martos.

It was more "leaving" than I felt able to cope with.

Terry
Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment