West of the Town

Monday 13 February 2017

Fwd: Brandy? No thanks, not tonight


Brandy? No thanks. 


I decided that tonight a brandy would make it a late night. So I retired to the snug area to finish the chapter of my book, the dregs of the sangria, and my coffee; when shortly after my host appeared with 3 bottles to chose from. 


Somehow "no" had been translated into "only 3". 


Just a little one then. I selected the bottle that was already open. Clearly my host was not satisfied with the selection and opened the boxed version. 


This was made for the coronation of the King, he explained in words and gestures. It is a king's brandy. How did I get it then? I asked. But he just laughed and poured a measure into a second glass. 


It was certainly good and knocked spots off the ordinary one I had selected to be polite. So I settled down and finished my chapter, the sangria, the coffee and at last the brandy. And now it's late. 


Let's hope the brandy promotes a good nights sleep!


--
Cordialement
Terence Westoby

Fixed   +33(0)1 64 48 33 72
Mobile +33(0)6 75 91 87 71
email     terrywestoby@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment