West of the Town

Sunday 7 May 2017

Apple smashing in May

It was Sunday the 7th. I was passing the little commercial centre in Massy where on my way out I had seen someone setting up speakers in the light rain. And now it was after 11am and it appears I had missed the "fun".

There was plenty of evident 'though. Broken apples on the ground (if you look carefully you should see them in the photo, click to enlarge it). It appears some perfectly good apples had be crushed underfoot at the appointed time.

It is election day; but that can't be the reason as it is illegal to promote the candidates in the last 2 days. So this had to be some other occasion. 

A celebration of harvest? of spring?
Nothing on the internet has given me the slightest clue; except perhaps the one place where it said "anything can happen in May"!

I have missed out on the "pleasure" of stamping on apples. And the reason why, I may never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment