West of the Town

Tuesday 24 September 2013

All over by 9am

Today is moving in day - for my furniture that is. And the removal men had booked a visit for 8am, a keen lot but they told me that they wanted to miss the Paris traffic and had stocked the van the night before. Still it was a 4am start for them.
Parked up and unloading. My stuff was only a small part
of this van. Nicely decorated.
And a 7:30am wake up call on my mobile when they arrived early. They could not find the flat, but they were close and we soon sorted out a parking place.
3 men, 2 to move stuff into the lift and press the button for the 1st floor. Then 1 man and me to receive the goods from the lift and chose where to put them in the flat. Clockwork.
So then it was all over. Several documents to sign in the typical French style, a couple of cheques (storage and removals) and they were off. I looked at the clock. 08:56. So I was in, but no way established.

But I can say I feel like I have arrived at last. Unpacking the kitchen reminded me strongly of June as I unpacked things that were definitely her domaine, but now are my domain. So here are some pics.

Kitchen
Living room

Spare room
Leaving. It was a tight spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment