West of the Town

Monday 9 September 2013

Hotel Ciudad

Having taken a late plane from Paris, I arrived in Martos about midnight. It was then that I realised I had not written down the hotel address. Some young dog-walkers directed me. 

The hotel was shut up for the night but the doorbell was promptly answered and the shutters raised to allow my entry. A surprisingly cheerful man greeted me and gave me a key. He showed me how to gain entry late at night and said he would register me in the morning. But in the event he was not there when I left so registration is still to be done. 

So I went back there for lunch. The menu was on the waiter's pad and he did his best to explain it. In the rare moments when he knew the English word he used it. Chicken. Potato. But otherwise he resorted to describing it in rapid Spanish. I went for the safe option. Chicken. Potato. 

I explained I was in room 105 since he had not seen me before. Ok he said although I offered no proof. The meal was un-priced but was 3 courses as standard. I added a coffee. Partly to know the cost I offered to sign a chit before I left. No need. So I just walked out. 

I have no idea what I just spent. He has no real idea who I was. Friendly. 

One good point was that the Internet connection finally worked and I could email and Viber again. Tonight I could even blog this prepared text! But if you are reading this, then I did. 

T

Cordialement 
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment