West of the Town

Saturday 18 January 2014

Skiing in Spain

So at last I have proved that it is possible to ski in Spain. And that it is cold enough. The weather was unusually poor but having not skied for 30 years I was ready whatever the weather.

The car registered -3•C as we pulled into the car park. The mountain was in cloud. And after the fist run down we both bought goggles to combat the poor visibility. The goggles had an amazing effect and my skiing improved dramatically.

There are 100km of piste in this area although not all was open. And some of the higher runs were a bit cold, but there was always plenty of snow and more fell all day.

By the afternoon I had re-learned to ski and was feeling great. Lots of fresh outside air perhaps, but also perhaps the packed lunch my host's mother had packed for us.

So we spent all day (9 to 5) on the slopes and came home happily exhausted. I wonder how my legs will feel tomorrow?

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone
Ps. The good looking bloke in the photos is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment