West of the Town

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Ados

You can see from the first photo, that all that is left from the wedding in the hotel are these flowers that fell from the bridal car. So for more a interesting image, here is a palm from the nearby park. Somewhere to walk off the night before.

Not that I was part of the wedding party. It is just that it started as I arrived at the hotel. I was tired and it was noisy. However, unlike most wedding parties, this one went quiet at about 11pm.

The person who told me what I should have expected from a wedding party, also explained what the Spanish think of when they use the word "adolescent".

It appears that to the Spanish, this word means "ado" as in adult, and "lescent" as in lacking something. So the word is full of meaning. It clearly states these are adults who yet lack a key "something". And this is a society that is very close as families all the way to adulthood; so I assume he knew what he was talking about.

Now I have to report that the 'key something' was never explicitly spelled out to me. It appears that this indefinable thing is both poorly identified and clearly obvious.

So this understanding, 'obvious' as it is, is still no help in coming through this awkward stage.

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Comments:
The explanation I saw said, “Adolescence is when you are expected to behave like an adult and let yourself be treated as a child!” So it’s not going to be any different any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment