West of the Town

Thursday 23 October 2014

Hot springs

Now that I have lived in the outskirts of Paris for a while, I have noticed that it is a town which likes to boast a little. After all, it is Paris.

Certainly there are some lovely, or at least impressive, old buildings. Not to mention the Eiffel Tower, and there are modern ones too.

This town likes to be best at most things if it can.

But there are some things that are not usual in a town. One of these is a hot geyser. You see them in Iceland or the great parks in America, but not usually in the road!

But here in the outskirts of Paris they have achieved even that. I had noticed some geothermal activity at this manhole for a while. Now it has erupted and is a splendid display.

I suppose it has been a bit of a surprise, judging by the bollards in the road. A planned geyser would have been in a park. And now the geologists (I presume) are digging up the road to investigate.

I'll keep you posted if and when it becomes signposted as a tourist attraction, as I am sure it must be soon.

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment