West of the Town

Sunday 25 January 2015

Winter blooms

Not quite flowers, but considering this is January I have begun to notice just how much greenery there is here in Martos.

Typical of the area are olive trees, although it is not only these that are green. However, on this roundabout there are olive trees that appear to be sprouting. So last Wednesday I took a photo.

Pretty eh? OK more fun!
As in France, the Spanish appear to like decorating their roundabouts. Near where I go to work there is an old car sprayed grey-green probably because of the car industry associated with the factory. And I know that near the olive-tree roundabout there is a large olive factory.

So the roundabouts are decorated appropriately, and as I was on my way to eat with a colleague from my French office, I could not resist pausing on-route for this picture. It was cold and sometimes raining, but these trees, always grown in pairs or triplets, appeared to be thriving on it.

I have not been back in daylight so you have to have this night shot of the olives. I am not sure how they will harvest them in the summer.

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment