West of the Town

Friday 18 November 2016

Gâteaux Entrées

It is the midweek church meeting (ok it's Friday) and as we are in France, that means food.

They asked me to bring "gâteaux entrées". I had never heard of this but I said ok and consulted Google.

I did not like the examples in the local shop so I decided to try the recipe I found on-line. The first try on Wednesday was flat and not enough of them. I bought the topping on the way home on Thursday and tried again but with bicarbonate of soda in the flour.

Much lighter.

The Wednesday ones are in the small box for a laugh. Hopefully they will appreciate the home made efforts.

Gâteaux Entrées, by the way, are little savory starters. In this case flour, butter and cheese topped with confit de tomate.

And yes, with a little rising agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment