West of the Town

Tuesday 8 November 2016

Snow

This morning started with rain. Quite heavy, steady, and my phone warned me it was only 4 degrees. Once on the train, at the first stop I began to notice the "rain" had taken on a white aspect and appeared lighter. The ground was still wet, but umbrellas started to go white.

By the time we passed the airport, the snow was heavy. Usually I can see the control tower and some planes behind the fields. Today it was a white-out. I knew the airport was there, but there was no evidence to confirm it.

The snow eased, and came back heavily as we journeyed. Then on the bus, everyone was packed on, cold and wet. You can see the bus in one of the photos. The other photo is the car park where I work.

Those who come by car are complaining of the time it took. All traffic going very slowly. "It was hell" one said. "It couldn't have been!" I replied and he saw the joke (too cold).

Well I will be traveling later this week and I am glad to have left several hours slack in my plans. But the forecast is warmer than today so the worst I should expect is rain.

Normal for this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment