West of the Town

Friday 29 November 2013

Yue leaves and joins me

Which when you say it out loud sounds a little confusing.

Now you will have guessed, by reading this, that "Yue" is not "You". So what or who is "Yue"?

There are 2 Chinese girls working at Valeo. They have been here longer than me, some 3 years, and they have now finished their studentship. So they are off to places new.

Danxi invited us all to a pôt de départ, and since I did not know what this was I googled it. "Warehouse departure" it said. Confused I asked Yves if it was a phrase in French, which he said it was, but without the "ô". As "pot de départ" it means "farewell drink". In this case snacks and juice.

Now Danxi has an interview on Monday but Yue already has a job with the subcontractor I work for. If Danxi gets the job, she will be there too. So Yue said to me, "we will be work colleagues", which is true. In the strange way life has of twisting things, Yue is leaving where I work and will become my work colleague.

So "Yue leaves and joins me", as I said.



Cordialement
Terence Westoby

No comments:

Post a Comment