West of the Town

Monday 2 December 2013

Christmas is nearly here

And here in Spain there are nativity scenes. I photographed this one in the little restaurant I use each lunchtime. It is full of Christian icons. In common with much of Martos, and possibly other areas too, the pictures of Christ have strange "rods" (usually 3) sticking out of his head. I still have not worked out what they are supposed to represent. Still, in a place where they sell pictures (not in the restaurant but in a shop in town) that include Jesus dressed like a king in gold, yet whilst carrying his cross, I suppose realism is not to be expected.

So have you spotted what is odd about this nativity? Clue, there are fish in the sky! Neons and fantails if I remember my childhood when we had similar fish in a tank. Yes, imaginatively, this nativity has been placed in the tropical fish tank that sits under the huge TV.

Well why not?

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment