West of the Town

Saturday 21 December 2013

Fishing for food

So here we are at Evangeline's place, and these next few blogs may be out of their chronological sequence, it mirrors my odd mental state after 35 hours travelling....

2 men have turned up to get food for the church party tomorrow. They have a new net and you can see them in the large fish pond (rather than the small fish pond you understand). Does he have one? Yes, and its a big one. As I watch and photograph them they get another, but I head back to the shade and to photograph other parts of the property. The noisy kingfisher appears to be put off by the larger fishers and has gone but not without an earlier bright flash of blue and a loud raucous song.
 Did he get one?
Yes he did!
Here it is

We have just finished breakfast on the terrace, and the maid is washing up. She is very happy to hear they are catching large fish! Evangeline heads off to the market and I catch up with the blogging. With a little effort my phone is now web enabled, and this laptop is connected by wireless. So I can use it in the lounge and not Evangeline's office, alias her bedroom.

I can hear a child's voice outside. Marjorie is here with 2 small children. People come and go in this house, and they are not all resident! so blogging from the lounge is a much better idea. Here the sterio is belting out the new music I brought with me. The slight downside is the need, so I am told, to keep the door of my bedroom closed. It also keeps the flies out!

Hey, just for the record there are very few flies in evidence, but there are fly-screens at every door and window so there must be a reason.

More pictures, more blogs later. We are due to host a pastor and his wife today and tomorrow and they arrive this afternoon.

post script
By the time I blog this they have amassed a large catch. Evangeline tells me that the last time someone tried to catch anything, they caught almost nothing. This is a good day, but there are lots of people coming, so after coffee and cake the men are instructed to "do it all again"!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment