West of the Town

Sunday 27 April 2014

Orient Expressly Parisienne

By way of getting some fresh air, I wandered into town. For me that is, of course, Paris, and by the Seine there are interesting things to be seen.

Today I chose a bank I don't usually walk along. There is less of interest and you can't always be next to the water. However I only wanted the air so the change was nice.

I had seen publicity for the Orient Express but I had not noted where it was. Suddenly I came across a train by the side of the road. I walked over to inspect. Since it was Sunday the exhibition was shut. It was tempting to walk past the barriers to get closer but some useful looking guards were on patrol. I imagine it was either that or some large fences, so I think this was better.

The notice outside said that the entrance was on the left. Take the right for the Orient Express and left for the Hajj.

I wondered who was putting this on? The notice on the building said "museum of the Arab world". That explains the Hajj, but I must admit I never thought of the Orient Express as Arabic.

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment