West of the Town

Friday 18 February 2011

And so towards a job- step 2?

So after the Wednesday I was asked to stay for a second interview with the engineer who was absent on the day. The up side was I had a verbal offer of employment with Acthom so that they could present a commercial proposal.
Thursday came and passed without an interview.
Friday morning, we met to chat with the engineer. It went well. He would talk to the others in the afternoon. I would go to the offices in Nancy to sign on with Acthom. Meanwhile I tried to quit my scooter distribution job. "No I cannot let you" she complained. "There are legal issues preventing you", she insisted. I asked Acthom about this because she was right. "It amounts to 1 months wages" they told me- small beer with their pay being the minimum with part time hours. However, we compromised. I was offered a 2 week notice period, and Acthom agreed.
So I am signed up with Acthom, but still have not heard if I start work Wednesday with their customer.
Hence I am employed, but still wait to hear if I have a job!

On the way back to our hotel, June and I played tourist visiting Jean d'Arc's house. Too late for opening time. Too late for daylight! I am sure we will be back one hot sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment