West of the Town

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Change your life- Totally!

So out of the blue I was asked for my CV on a company's format. "We have a client who may be interested in your profile". I have heard this before. I won't hold my breath.
Then the following Monday, June received a call whilst I was at work. "Can you make an interview on Wednesday at 10am?" Yes but where? "Vitry le Francois". We looked it up- about 6 hours away.
Thankfully the scooter work on Tuesday was unusually quick. We set out Tuesday evening and got as far as Troyes.
Wednesday was an easy drive to our rdv in Mc Donalds..... Not hopeful. My contact arrived, a young girl, very pleasant and helpful. "You would be working for us", she said, "we lend you out on short duration contracts". Ok. We went for the interview. One of their number could not be there so a question remained.
So I have to wait. But then we heard, the client wanted to have a commercial proposal. The hiring company wanted to respond so they needed me on their books. They offered me a contract with them right away. This was not expected. If the client company does want me, I start on Monday. Either way, I now have a job in engineering!
Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment