West of the Town

Saturday 15 February 2014

A good day for the cafés

Saturday and my chance to ski at Sierra Navada. And it's sunny!

So I got up early for breakfast but it's Saturday and breakfast is late. There is nothing on the times that says breakfast is late at weekends (my phone has a torch function so I could read the notice), it's just late today. It could be for the same reason there is no hot water for a shower this morning. That and that I seem to be the only guest.

Undaunted I eat some of my stash from the supermarket and set off in "my little car".

The little car does well. It had trouble on some of the motorway hills but all in all a good ride for a small car. And the road to the mountains challenged the busses more than me. I arrived before 10 at the car park and found a space. The car park was busy, but I found a small spot suitable for my size!

A There are lots of people in the square but not much of a queue for ski tickets. I joined the line to pay by card. The one man in the queue, however, was not queuing. 'Serrie' he said and I understood the lifts were closed. Since he was American it was easy to discover the lifts were closed because of the wind and that the 10am update had been pushed back to 11.

As I write this, I am still waiting. I have had my hot chocolate and pastry and now I am milling around with everyone else.

Photos:
Of the central square
Of the lift queue
And of a few who walked up the first slope to ski the 100 yards back down

And a ps - I gave up shortly after 11. There was no sign of a letup in the wind so I thought I may as well go home.


Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment