West of the Town

Friday 21 November 2014

Tapas Espagne

As I think I have said before, the best way to experience tapas is to let the Spanish organise it. 

Last night some of the team meet in a tapas bar and I was invited too. It is a Thursday, but people commute back for the weekend on Friday, particularly as Friday end early. So Thursday is the night out time. 

And a lovely mild evening it was. All of us live a short walk from the selected bar, my 400 yards was perhaps the furthest, and my walk boasted the only hill. The mild weather meant that coats were unnecessary but pullovers were advisable. 

As I had gone to get cash, I was a little after the stated time. I waited a while for someone to arrive and eventually thought I had missed them, but the first 2 had sneaked into a corner whilst I was not looking. I joined them, and 2 others arrived shortly after. 

Beer is small and fizzy, and there is a small plate of tapas with each one. But this team were here for more substantial stuff. 

As I hope you can see in the photo, here is meat and oil in abundance. Even the chips are covered in ham, oil, and mashed egg. It is all delicious, and this time I have the receipt so I can guess what they were called! 

The ladies passed by and stopped to say hello. They went off for more serious drinking, so I was told, but I was quite happy where I was. 

Terence Westoby
Sent from Samsung tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment