West of the Town

Sunday 23 November 2014

Wind

It was windy last night. It kept me awake for a while so I looked out of the window to see if it was raining too. But it was just wind, lots if wind!

I don't know when it stopped but this morning it was all gone and the day seemed very still. The clock on the hill across the valley from the hotel played its song to indicate the hour as I went down for breakfast.

Yesterday the breakfast room was full every table was occupied and even my spare chair was borrowed by one group. There had been some sort of event in the afternoon but this morning I was the only one there.

I looked out of the window onto the patio. The devastation reminded me of last night's wind (photo).

The owner came by to make coffee. I commented on the mess. He spoke in Spanish and I understood "photo" so at first I thought he had seen me take a picture, but his shrug of his shoulders led me to believe he was planning, without much hope, to make an insurance claim.

And that would explain why it has not been quickly tidied up.

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment