West of the Town

Sunday 16 June 2013

A Walk in the Park

Sunday. I have cleaned, eaten, and so I thought I would see what the park looked like in the daylight and without all the entertainments set up. It turned out to be quite busy.
A stroll round the small lake, which the night before had reflected the fireworks, did not take long. I ambled further, wondering how big the park was. Soon I came within earshot of thumpy music. As I rounded the corner, there was a fun fair!
Once again, it is worth exploring such things when in a new culture. This was daytime, before 6pm, and there were many families and small children. The fair appeared to be geared to them. Here are a few photos of the (to me) less usual rides.

Walking on Water - or - Falling on Water

Barbie Bumper-scooters

The "Enchanted River" Ride 
The Ghost Train was not running.
Presumably not dark enough to be scary!

A real horse merry-go-round. 

Or you could just chill out in the park.
It was quite humid so a lot were doing just that.
Did I go on anything? No, I just took the photos for you to see how your French cousins relax.


No comments:

Post a Comment