West of the Town

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Tuesday Late

It's Tuesday evening and I am late from work. At this time the trains are less frequent so I waited half an hour on the station. By the time I reached the final stop on my "slow train", it was a bit late to go shopping, even in the outskirts of Paris. 
So I looked for a restaurant near by. There appeared to be only one, but a nice looking one. I went in. "A table for 1" I ordered. "Have you booked?" she asked. Well I hadn't, and this appeared to be a problem! The lady looked in a big book, and they squeezed me into a corner. The place was buzzing. 
view from the corner
So what was the food like?
I paid a little more and ordered a steak. The pepper sauce was great, but the meat was over-cooked. I wanted it pink but pink was very rare!
The profiteroles were spectaculaire, even provoking comments from the table next door. Not that you could see the profiteroles for the cream and strawburry halves. When I did get to them, they had only just defrosted. 
Still, the price was good. Perhaps that was why it was so busy. 

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment