West of the Town

Sunday 9 June 2013

Little while friends

Jon and Clare may recall this phrase. It was used in a children's book for those people we meet on holiday and become friendly with for just a short while.
Now some awake people will realise I am not on holiday, but the people I met were!
I chatted to some people speaking English in the Luxembourg park. They were Australian and were just ending their long holiday in France by being at Paris. We chatted and discovered we were both Christians. They had not known that Hillsongs church has a branch in Paris so I gave them the address.
After the park choir had finished, I suggested we eat at June and my favourite restaurant in the area and we did.
This photo is of them, sitting where Clare and June sat (insert) on a previous visit. At the end of the meal, the heavens opened and we went inside to finish the coffee. We stood at the bar and got in the way because there were no tables free.
Then when we went back outside they said "goodbye" which was curious because we had not paid. We pointed this out and they brought the bill with 3 apple liqueurs which prolonged out stay just a little.

Via email, I hope to keep in touch.
Click for more photos of the day. On the way home the heavens opened again with cloud lightning. Spectacular! And I managed to keep the camera dry, although not so much me as I was in shirtsleeves!

No comments:

Post a Comment