West of the Town

Saturday 12 October 2013

Driving

Getting the address changed on your "permis de conduir" (driving licence) can be tricky. It takes a visit to your nearest "préfecture de police". You need the right documents too, so when I found my nearest station was 50 minutes away I prepared before I left. 
- driving licence 
- passport for ID
- gas bill as proof of residence
- check book, although I believe the service is free
- route plan. 
So off I set. Train. Bus. And a 9 minute walk to the cop-shop. 

The village was inside "outer Paris" but it did not feel like it. The streets were wide and the houses stone-built. It looked like the village had been absorbed by Paris as it grew and expanded, but that it had refused to modernise. And I can prove it. The photo below is of the police chase cars. Even non-experts can see that these are well overdue for an update. 

And the address change?

Well the préfecture de police was closed. It is Saturday after all. 



Cordialement 
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment