West of the Town

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Sauce

Well if I am going to learn to cook, I have to do more than heat pizza. True, chilli and spaghetti have surfaced, and today's offering hardly qualifies me as a "chef". But I bought some ravioli partly to make me make a sauce for it.

This time I read up what I needed to do.

Avoid making lumps was the basic requirement that I gleaned from Delia. That and the proportions of butter, flour, and milk. I used one third of the quantities she proposed, and added cheese in the form of per-grated stuff (French cheeses are impossible to shred) and some parmesan that I did grate.

I used to think that I would have trouble waiting for the cooking times. But in the event I was too busy to be troubled by being sidetracked. I thought I would heat the ravioli after I started the sauce. Simmer the sauce, it said, for 6min; now for the ravioli - ok, in boing water for 8min. I had better get some water on then.

But it all worked out splendidly, partly because the time flew by so nothing had a chance to get cold! And NO LUMPS!

Because you like photos, here is one.

And what would be June's verdict? She would say "there is no colour". She liked it to have some colour. I suppose that is the sign of an expert.

I was happy that it was edible.

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment