West of the Town

Saturday 7 June 2014

Bar escape

So it's Saturday and I am in a hotel. And Antonio said there were some nice towns in the area.

So I chose one on the map. Only an hours drive, but most places are that from where I work.

I arrived in good time. Too good. The shops appear to open at 10am and others shut at 1pm. You have to be quick to do all your shopping.

I only want a birthday card. After a long search in lots of shops, I find what appears to be a shopping avenue. It's near the bullring. However, no cards.

A few side streets later and I had all but given up when I saw some cards in a printing and internet shop. Most were unsuitable, mirroring my experience earlier in the week. But there was one I liked so I bought it.

"The post office" I asked. Down the street and left, I was informed. I knew it was important to find it because there is no post office in my local area.

After several "lefts", and encouraged by the parked post office van, I asked again at the pharmacy where the van was parked. Down and to the left she said. Finally I used my GPS. 350m later I was standing in a wide space looking at all the shops. Why could I not see it? And them I did, in red, not yellow like the van and post boxes, and very firmly shut.

I checked the hours on the door. Open 'till 3pm and since it was 1pm I was puzzled. Presumably the rest of the text said Monday to Friday only. There was no doubt it was shut.

I went back to the restaurant I passed earlier. They were open from 1pm. Well they are, but mot every dish is available straight away. "What can I have" I asked and I have settled for the pig's cheek. "Very good" he assured me. It's certainly different.

The tables inside are out of the heat (hence the title), and they do WiFi. The password? "One glass of beer please" but in Spanish of course.

Too late. I already ordered a glass of red.

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment