West of the Town

Monday 2 June 2014

The Best Seat

Today I had the chance to find out what it's like to be in the best places. My flight this month were offering the best seats at a lower price than my usual one. I mentioned this on my booking request and they sensibly booked me a good seat.

So I used the lounge at the airport. Surprisingly busy I thought but the seats were spacious and comfortable. Free WiFi too, not to mention drinks and snacks. All too soon I had to go to the boarding gate.

In fact I was much too soon. All the other "best seat" people were last to board, well after me, presumably making the most of the snacks, drinks, and WiFi. No matter. I had a seat with space and no one next to me.

So what was different?
Well they called me sir a lot, and there was a curtain between us and "them". We had complementary drinks throughout the flight, alcoholic if you wanted it, except I didn't.

However, I was used to a choice of meals, here there was no choice. Still, since it was roast chicken and couscous, with a desert too, it was no problem. And there were metal knives and forks! Coffee too! The pampering went on and on. A soft cushion for a doze after eating, constant attention, and our own toilet.

After all that I was first off the plane too. Not that it sped the arrival of my bag. But all in all I was very much more relaxed than usual.

As we came into land I saw some trees on fire down below. I grabbed my camera and took several quick shots. If you look carefully you can see some smoke on the right. In short, I was not quick enough.

Probably due to the heavy lunch.

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment