West of the Town

Thursday 5 June 2014

Spanish bad weather

Can you smell that smell in the air? My colleague asked as we returned from the meeting. I could, just. A sort of burnt sugar smell.

"I hate it" she said, "always at this time of year they create this smog".

So it was not cloud cover I could see, but fumes. It appears the olive processing is in full swing. As I drove out for lunch, I could see that the town below was hazy, even though the sky was now clearing. It is the subject of the photo but I am not sure if you can tell.

There are factories nearby which belch out smoke. My colleague was surprised it was allowed. The attitude of youth I suppose, but a good attitude. There are thousands of olive trees all over this country. Tractors can slow the traffic with trailers full of the things.

But that was some months ago. Now it appears the processing is in full swing.

Here in Spain where the weather is almost always good, they are forced to make their own bad weather!

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment