West of the Town

Saturday 21 June 2014

Closer & Greener

I spotted what looked at first like a baker's delivery van but the back was open and boxes with lots of papers in them could be seen. I realised, partly also from the yellow colouring, that this was a post van.

The plain-cloths post lady took out a wad of "papers" and shut the back. She disappeared for a while.

The side of the van said "+proche +vert" which translates to the title of this blog. Sensibly La Poste have commissioned electric vehicles.

A little later I heard the back shutter run quickly up and down. I popped my head out and the driver was already in the doorless cab. Silently, the van shot back and then zoomed out onto the road. Very nippy, it is clearly designed to cut all the corners and reach it's top speed of 50kph (31mph) almost instantly. Only the red light in front of it caused it to temporarily delay its disappearance.

No wonder I have never heard the postman before.

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment