West of the Town

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Some birds do 'av 'em

There are occasions when, on the way to work, that you see something that must have been there a while, but which you never noticed before.

I was alerted to something above my head by the spatter of bird droppings near my feet. To be cautious I avoided them in case more arrived as I walked by. But then I realised there was another walkway above me, so I looked up.

This pigeon had chicks but I don't think my photo shows that. She had craftily made use of a coil of flex to build the nest in. I must have passed the nest many times but never looked up to see it.

And I still would not have seen it if pigeons were cleaner.

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Update - the chicks are big and ugly!



No comments:

Post a Comment