West of the Town

Saturday 7 June 2014

Where the wind blows

As a postscript to my earlier blog, here is what appears to be the culprit. I had to walk to get this photo so I hope you appreciate it. Although it is 6pm, the day is still hot, and the last stage has no shade. I am prepared, I have my hat.

What I hope you can see is a factory in a valley. It is well away from civilisation and right in the middle of thousands of olive trees. There are 3 chimneys.

The road goes under the footbridge I am standing on and I passed this factory early morning. All 3 chimneys are still belching smoke. There is a strongish wind which fortunately is not in my direction. When it is, the town which shares the valley will get all the smoke.

Like it obviously did the other day.

Cordialement
Terry

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Sunday
Olive processing stops for nothing. Not even the day of rest in this Catholic country.

Here are some shots from my balcony this morning. They are about an hour apart, and the haze has dissipated a little, but it is 2pm before it has really gone.

The town early on

An hour later and the hill is visible


No comments:

Post a Comment